The Music Department is pleased to announce the construction of a multi-million dollar recital hall forthcoming in 2011. This new recital hall will feature a dedicated green room, fully restored 1956 Mason & Hamlin concert grand piano, and state-of-the-art recording studio. This incredible new facility will be used for student and faculty recitals, guest artist performances and to teach and produce sound recording. Peer-to-peer collaboration will be possible through advanced computer networking, allowing musicians to simultaneously perform with others around the globe in real time. Throughout the design of this performance space, every aesthetic and acoustic detail have been meticulously crafted.